Tomatoes Salad (Canned).
(We make this Salad in August or September for winter time)
quartered ripe tomatoes
sliced in circles onion
2-3 bay leaf (per jar)
pepper, whole allspice, cloves to taste
1 tbsp olive oil (or Soya oil) (per jar)
2 pint - water
1 tsp Apple vinegar
3 tbsp salt
6 tbsp sugar
1. Put quartered ripe tomatoes into sterilized jars.
2. Add pepper, whole allspice, cloves, bay leaf. On the top of every jar put circles onion.
3. Make brine: Combine sugar, salt, vinegar and water, stir and bring to boil.
4. Pour hot brine over tomatoes. Add 1 tbsp oil per every jar.
5. Adjust caps. Process for 10 - 15 minutes in a boiling water bath. Seal.