2 lb fresh peeled, finely grated potatoes.
2 lb boiled mashed potatoes.
2 - 5 tbsp flour
12 oz ground meat
1 fresh egg
salt, greenery, black pepper to taste1 tsp oil
1. Cook the potatoes in the boiling salted water for 20 minutes until tender, drain well and mash.
2. Peel fresh potatoes and grate finely, squeeze out the juice and combine with boiled mashed potatoes, salt and flour.
3. Make filling. Combine all ingredients for filling: ground meat, fresh egg, salt, greenery, black pepper.
4. Form Galushky from this potatoes mixture. Roll it - 1 tbsp, and make 5 - 6 cm (2 - 2.5 inch) rounds. Put a ball of filling (about the size of a small walnut) on one half of the round and fold over making a half moon.
5. Put the Galushky in lightly salted 5 - 7 pint boiling water to
which 1 tsp oil have been added. Continue to boil until the Galushky rise to the surface. Remove with a skimmer.
Serve with butter or sour cream.