Beetroot soup vegetarian - Borscht.
1 beetroot, washed, peeled, grated.
15 g (0,5 oz) butter.
pinch lemon acid, dissolved in 1-2 tbsp of water.
10 g (0,3 oz) parsley roots, chopped.
50 g (1,8 oz) tomatoes, chopped.
50 g (1,8 oz) potatoes, chopped.
100 g (3,5 oz) fresh cabbage, shredded.
1 small carrot, grated.
1 onion, chopped.
0,5 litres / 1 pint water.
1 tbsp sour cream.
Chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, green onions, bay leaf, to taste.
1. Put first 3 ingredients into pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add onion, carrot and parsley roots. Stew for 7 - 10 minutes.
3. Flavour the broth with spices and salt to taste.
4. Add cabbage into pot with vegetables, pour water. Bring to boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Put potatoes, salt and cook until tender. Add in to pot chopped greenery, bay
Serve with sour cream.
Soup will be beautiful and very tasty: red with a lot greenery.