Cabbage Soup with meatballs.
2 - 3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 head cabbage, cored & cut into strips
1 egg (not boiled), beaten
1/2 lb. ground meat (pork or beef)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
8 - 10 cup water
2 bay leaves
greenery to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add grated carrot, chopped paprika, tomatoes, onion and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low and add water and cabbage. Simmer, covered, until the cabbage is tender, (about 15 - 20 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine ground meat, egg, ground greenery, salt and pepper. Moisten hands and shape mixture into balls the size of marbles.
4. Drop meatballs into boiling soup and simmer 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Add greenery and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaves.