Tomatoes stuffed with pork and rice.
12 fresh ripe tomatoes, washed an deseeded.
200 g (7 oz) pork or chicken breast, fillet, boiled, minced.
100 g (3,5 oz) rice, boiled, drained.
1 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped.
1 tbsp dill, chopped.
1 egg, beaten.
salt and ground pepper to taste.
1 onion, finely chopped.
100 g (3,5 oz) sour cream.
1. Cut and remove the tops of the tomatoes. Scoop out the pulp
and place in a mixing bowl. Set aside the scooped-out tomato "cups."
2. Cook rice in the water until tender. Strain and drain.
3. Combine rice with boiled minced meat and the tomato pulp.
Simmer onion and put into rice - meat mixture.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Season. Stir.
5. Fill the tomato cups with the stuffing. Put the stuffed tomatoes into greased backing pan or dish. Pour over tomatoes sour cream, scatter greenery. Bake in the oven until the tomatoes are cooked and the stuffing is heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.